GCE L2 Units 1 & 2 Reflection

 


    Being forced into remote learning has really challenged the way that I deliver content to my students- in a good way!  I have loved experimenting with the blended learning model to enhance instruction and to maximize the precious face to face time that I do have with my students.  It has been a puzzle trying to ensure that content delivered to my face to face students and to my remote students is equitable, and that there are multiple opportunities for scaffolds or challenges for those that need it.   While this has been an exceptionally challenging year, I think that many of these alternative learning models are here to stay. 

    I would love to implement more of the flipped classroom approach, however I struggle with students doing any work at home. As I'm sure many teacher can relate to, when we were full remote it was a struggle to get students to engage in the content at all. Now that we are in-person and remote (70%-30%), students who are in-person will still not do much if it's sent home.  As a compromise for now, I do post pop-up grammar videos for my Spanish content on Google Classroom, so students can view and review material all the time, and this has helped to cut down the need for direct instruction during in person classes.  It has allowed me to focus more on activities and practice.  I can redirect students to these videos and practice opportunities whenever I notice that their skills are not meeting expectations. I think that as we get back to normal instruction after COVID is over I can begin to incorporate more of this. 

Comments

  1. Sarah, as much as teaching has been a challenge for the past year, you're definitely one who has risen to the challenge. I'm glad you're letting the experience expand your skills and mindset as a teacher. Even after all this is over, you'll definitely have created so many more resources for your students that you can continue to use in the future. NICE WORK! Glad to have you back for Level 2! Can't wait to hear you big take-aways from this experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GCE L2 Units 10 & 11 Reflection