GCE L2 Units 3 & 4 Reflection

     In these Units I learned that there are WAY MORE tools than I knew about before. In the past I have been quick to add chrome extensions or add-ons, but then I have never really utilized them.  I also didn't know that the Add-on feature allowed students (or anyone) to customize their own features.  While I think that the concept is a good idea, I feel that most students need more guidance about tools and how to utilize them.  They too can get overwhelmed.

     While I think that it's easy to get bogged down with too many resources and tools, I do think that a few of these will be helpful for day to day organization.  In particular, I like the idea of muting emails that are "reply all" responses from colleagues. This will save a few minutes each day sorting through my inbox.  I also love the email templates.  These will be very useful in replying to students, acknowledging when they have submitted late work, and replying to parents. 

Comments

  1. Sarah, I agree, there's SO MUCH out there that it's easy to get overwhelmed, but if you know what to look for (ratings, reviews, number of users, etc.), it's usually easy to tell the good from the bad. I'm one to try something and if it doesn't immediately benefit me in helping me organize better, save me time, or enhance something I'm already doing, I usually trash it. A lot of the best add-ons or extensions I've been using for YEARS came from recommendations from colleagues, not blind searches. That's why a strong PLC is great to have! Glad you're finding a few things you think can be really helpful in what YOU do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I agree that email templates can be time-savers! I also find myself downloading extensions and not using them effectively, your post inspired me to check those out and keep the ones that contributes to the effectiveness of my teaching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GCE L2 Units 10 & 11 Reflection