GCE L2 Unit 5 Reflection
I still feel quite novice in my Google Sheet skills, however this lesson helped me to open my eyes to some other tools that I can use (with some more coaching). There are lots of ways to sort data. Google Forms is another great way to collect data with many options for how students can provide answers.
I am still pretty intimidated by Google Sheets and stay away from it when I can. I do use it to collect data from Google Form exit tickets or quizzes, so the Pivot Table could help me to hone in on how students are doing and also to customize the data that comes in. I could also consider sorting student growth skills to analyze areas of focus for specific students in my classes. One take away aside from Google Sheets is the idea to list the objectives on a Google Form for students to see. It always helps me to stay focused on the goals of a lesson or particular exit ticket quiz when I have the objectives right in front of me as a constant reminder.
Sheets takes some wading in the shallow end before diving into the deep end! Keep practicing, Sarah, and you'll get there! Lots of great ways to better understand all the information you're collecting. Pivot tables and Conditional Formatting are two things that can make a big impact. Great idea on putting the objectives on the Form. Love it! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDelete