GCE L2 Units 6 & 7 Reflection

     The Google Advanced Search feature was a tool that I was not completely aware of before starting this unit.  I am excited to be able to search exclusively in the Spanish language in the hopes of finding more authentic resources to use in my classes.  I also think the download options, such as PDF is a great way to share resources with students (articles, webpages, etc.) without having to copy and paste the info into a Google Doc, which I am definitely guilty of doing.  Why didn't I utilize these tools before??

    I got lots of other useful ideas that I can add to my summer "to-do" list.  I like the idea of the table of contents on the Syllabus.  I would like to spend some time revising my current syllabus based on the recommendations given in Unit 6 and the example based off of Mrs. Reisen's. I have also been wanting to look more into electronic portfolios for my students and how they can show student growth with language skills throughout my course.  One thing that I have noticed that many educators take for granted is that students are tech-savvy, which in the case of remote learning has proven incorrect. I would like to look into how to streamline the technology and portfolio combination for students and how to ensure that the technology learning does not take away from the growth focus in my content area.  If students are spending too much time in my class trying to figure out technology then that is not a productive use of time.  

Comments

  1. Sarah, I'm glad you found some specific take-aways in these units that can directly impact your Spanish classrooms! YAY! I feel like you have a great TO DO list over the summer you can dive into to update some of your current materials/resources! I also 100%+ agree that as educators, we have to make sure that the focus of the student should be on the CONTENT not the TECHNOLOGY, which means we need to do a better job EITHER introducing the technology and our expectations within it, OR we give CHOICE to the students to use a technology they're comfortable with using. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GCE L2 Units 10 & 11 Reflection